On our quest to find the perfect roasted potato, things got rather scientific in our kitchen. We tested all the methods we could think of including high heat, low heat, parboiling, less oil, more oil, and just about everything in between.
Good news: We found the version that produced PERFECT roasted potatoes every time! Let us show you how!
How to Make Roasted Potatoes
Behold, our method for perfect roasted potatoes every time:
- Toss evenly sliced potatoes in just enough oil to coat
- Add seasonings of choice and toss
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Make sure the pan isn’t crowded (to ensure they roast instead of steaming)
- Roast at 425 F (218 C) for 20-25 minutes